Within THEME A: BASIC PLACENTA RESEARCH
- A1. Identify the most significant recent achievements (technical/understanding) that position the field to gain a deeper understanding of human placenta development and function and support their advancement.
- A2. Address the key knowledge gaps that hinder our capability to understand placenta development and function across pregnancy within the maternal/fetal/placenta ecosystem.
- A3. Determine the impact of sexual dimorphism on placenta development and function across gestation.
- A4. Provide solutions to the key technology challenges that hinder advancing understanding of human placenta development and function.
- A5. Leverage novel models that offer unique opportunities for generating new biological insights. (organoids, multi-component integrated tissue on a chip systems, iPSCs, etc.)
A2 and A4 seem to resonate most strongly for me, what about you?